Become a Member
If you’re ready to become a member (or renew your membership), please click the “Buy Now” button below to make an online payment with credit card or bank transfer. You do not need a personal PayPal account to use this feature.
For payment instructions by postal mail or in person, please contact us.
The Portland Photographic Society is a non-profit organization (formed as an Oregon Public Benefit Non-Profit Corporation) and all membership dues are used to pay for the costs of our events, such as renting meeting venues. PPS members do not draw a salary or stipend, and work entirely as volunteers. Although we meet in a church, we are not affiliated with any particular faith or religion, and are open to all.
Membership dues are only $35 per year, and are billed on the PPS activity calendar, which begins in September and ends in August. Alternatively, a less expensive “non-competing” membership option is available at $10 per year, but does not entitle the member to display their images at club meetings (our “Projected Image” or “Print” meetings). If you are interested in everything the PPS has to offer, or just want to help support the group, the full membership is the best choice.
Of course, please feel free to attend one of our meetings before becoming a member (excluding field trips), so that you can see what we’re all about and if the PPS is right for you. If you have any questions about membership, or the PPS in general, please feel free to contact us.
Once you become a member, you will need to sign a liability waiver (digitally through DocuSign). This waiver is important as it protects all members, not just the organization itself. It can be previewed here.
Thanks for reading and we hope to see you soon!
- Projected image sharing, discussion, and competitions on the 1st Monday of the month
- Educational programs and movies on selected 2nd or 4th Mondays of the month
- Printed image sharing and discussion on the 3rd Monday of the month
- Field trips around the Northwest throughout the year
- Entry into regional and national competitions with other clubs
- Gallery space on the PPS web site to exhibit your work
- Access to the PPS email list (via Google Groups) where we announce the majority of our activities
- Make new friends and learn from experienced digital and film photographers
- Learn about new photographic locations in the Pacific Northwest
- Have fun and improve your picture-taking skills
- Teach and share your knowledge with others
- Membership dues are only $35.00 a year